Monday 8 February 2010

Songwriting and other delightful things

Hi. This is the first time I am posting a blog while in LA, and let me just tell you, I like it. Watch out 12 followers, there is more where that came from!

Super bowl weekend was fun, and weird. Fun because the team I was rooting for (the Saints) was the underdog, and if you don't live under a rock, you will know that they won. Everyone loves a winning underdog. Except Colts fans. Weird because I sat on pillows made of mink and chinchilla fur and watched the game at someone's house whom I was not previously acquainted with, in the company of wide array of strange-os. After the game, my friend Kim and I were driven home by two Orange County homicide detectives...which would explain why they were at a Super bowl party in Beverly Hills (way too much time on their hands).

Today was a productive one for me - between a lunch meeting, an after-lunch-music-swap-let's-work-together-powwow, and a writing session, I'm feeling very inspired! I am looking forward to the month ahead, since I will be in Los Angeles working on new projects, and finishing those already begun.
Isn't the creative process incredible? I swear I get high from it. Pulling ideas from the ether and piecing them together in a way that makes audible sense is something I will never tire of. In the way that books are preserved human thought, I think music is preserved human emotion. The fact that you can listen to a song and feel what it's writer was going through when he/she wrote is SO FREAKING COOL. I love that my life has a soundtrack and when I hear certain music I am taken right back to the time in my life when that specific music was always playing around me. What an amazing gift to human kind. Thanks again God, you're brilliant.

love,

Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment