Thursday 8 April 2010



As much and as vehemently as I cursed Los Angeles this morning while attempting to arrive to several different appointments on time, I can't help this feeling of dread relating to my departure date five days from now. I keep running through lists of things I need to finish/purchase/pay/clean/fix/prepare, and people I have promised to see before I leave; there is simply not enough time. As it is I am not sleeping. I feel torn into pieces. I wish I could put all my energy, love and focus into each fragment, separately, uniquely...and because I can't, I feel I am short-changing those around me, which makes me absolutely crazy. I can't wait to regenerate.
We performed on American idol yesterday, which was pretty neat. If you missed it, you can watch it here..
Regardless of the sense of urgency associated with leaving, I am VERY excited for this tour. The show is really fun to perform, and there isn't much that can top being onstage in front of tens of thousands of screaming people. Nor is there much that can top coming home after a long trip and hugging the person who's absence makes your heart ache. Now that has got to be one of the best feelings in the world. So, I am looking forward to the tour and yearning for the return home. All before I've even left.

1 comment: