Sunday 27 December 2009

Abu Dhabi Bound

Hi. How was your holiday season? Mine was nice. It is odd to think that it is already 2010. How do we not have hover boards already? False advertising Doc Brown, what a let-down...in the midst of a disappointing lack of anti-gravity technology for the masses, I am ridiculously positive about next year - I just found out that Naturi Naughton (Star of the MGM movie "Fame") will be singing TWO of my songs on her album, due out early next year. She has an incredible voice, I can't wait to hear the finished versions. Not a bad way to ring in the next decade.
I am on an airplane right now that has free wireless internet. How can we have free wireless and not turn on our cell phones? I am headed first to New York, for a brief layover, and then onward to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is just outside of Dubai, and is also full of oil billionaires and their friends. We have been trying to play a show there for quite a while, so I am glad to finally be going. I hear it is quite pleasant.
SPEAKING of New Year's Eve, while in New York City last week, we taped an outdoor concert for Carson Daly's New Year's Eve Special. Now, when I say outdoors, I mean outside, at night, in the middle of a blizzard. The snow may as well have been falling sideways, that's how hard the wind was blowing! I have never been so cold in my life. I have to hand it to all the fans who were standing out in that for over 3 hours! Troopers, I tell you! If you want to laugh at us all pretending not to be on the verge of frostbite, watch NBC on New Year's Eve. I assume it will play maybe at 10pm on the west coast? I am not sure, check yo' TiVos.
Oh, and GO SEE AVATAR.

Love,

Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment